Find out more about us or make plans to join us for our next tailgate, on The Grid or on the road! Go Bearcats!
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.
2022 Bearcats Game 11 Preview: Closing Time at Hooters
As we make our way towards the end of the 2022 Season, the Bearcats face their last regular season road test at the desolate Lincoln Financial Field against Bill Cosby’s Temple Owls (4PM ESPNU). Will the Bearcats be able to avenge their 2018 loss in Philly? Or will the Owls derail the Bearcats Cotton Bowl Hopes? The Bearcats look to finish off with a win against another opponent they might never see again.
Note: Actual Size of Dontay Corleone
2022 Bearcats Game 10 Preview: Nipp at Nite
The Bearcats bounced back from their loss to Central Florida against the Midshipmen, setting sail from Nippert Stadium with a 20-10 victory. Another nautical themed mascot looms on the horizon, the Pirates of East Carolina. Despite 4 straight victories, the Cats still trail ECU 13-12 in the all time series. A win in this game would even up the series with no further games on the schedule for the foreseeable future.
Courtesy Professor Butts
2022 Bearcats Bowl Outlook
Having secured bowl eligibility with a Week 7 victory against SMU in Dallas, the Bearcats are on their way to their 5th consecutive bowl game! We will use this post to update projections and outlooks on a weekly basis.
Current AAC bowl eligible teams:
- Tulane – 8-1
- UCF – 7-2
- Cincinnati – 7-2
- ECU – 6-3
American Athletic Conference bowl tie-ins
- NY6 – Cotton Bowl – Dallas, TX – January 2, 2023
- Fenway Bowl vs ACC – Saturday, December 17 – 11am EST – Boston, MA
- Armed Force Bowl vs CUSA – Thursday, December 22 – 7:30pm EST – Fort Worth, TX
- Independence Bowl vs Army – Friday, December 23 – TBD – Shreveport, LA
- Military Bowl vs ACC – Wednesday, December 28 – 2pm EST – Annapolis, MD
While the Bearcats certainly have a path back to the Cotton Bowl, they will need to win out and (maybe) have some help to be the highest-ranked Group of Five champion. After the NY6 game, the bowl game prestige drops off considerably, with the only real primetime opportunity to be at TCU’s stadium vs a Conference USA squad.
We’ll continue to break this down, and put together some travel details when appropriate, but the above only validates how happy we should all be to head to the Big XII, where their current bowl tie ins are:
- 1 – Sugar Bowl vs SEC – Saturday, December 31 – 12pm EST – New Orleans, LA
- 2 – Alamo Bowl vs Pac 12 – Wednesday, December 28 – 9pm EST – San Antonio, TX
- 3 – Cheez-It Bowl vs ACC – Wednesday, December 28 – 5:30pm EST – Orlando, FL
- 4 – Texas Bowl vs SEC – Wednesday, December 28 – 9pm EST – Houston, TX
- 5 – Liberty Bowl vs SEC – Wednesday, December 28 – 5:3opm – Memphis, TN
- 6 – Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs B1G – Tuesday, December 17 – 10:15pm EST – Phoenix, AZ
2022 Bearcats Game 9 Preview: In The Navy
A disappointing loss in Orlando has the Bearcats heading back to Nippert Stadium, a 19 game AAC Conference winning streak ended, and the road to the AAC Championship cloudy at best. Will the Bearcats be able to turn the corner this week against the Midshipmen (4:00 ESPNU)? Or will their NY6 Hopes go out to sea?
2022 Bearcats Game 8 Preview: Deflate the Bounce House
After a one week absence the Councilman is back! The Bearcats survived on the road in Dallas, with a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth on the docket. Can the all time winningest coach in UC History get the Bearcats out of their two game road stretch 7-1? If the Bearcats win, they’ll be firmly in the drivers seat for a second trip to Dallas on the horizon.