We took delivery of our new 2016 6′ x 12′ Homesteader cargo trailer in the summer of 2015. Aside from the custom concession window that we had installed by the manufacturer, it was literally an empty box. Armed with a shoestring budget, some basic construction/electrical knowledge, an amazing father-in-law (thanks, Scott) and a very forgiving wife (thanks, Kristin), we dove head first into converting this thing into a rolling tailgate.
Upon receipt, it immediately went to the sign shop to get a graphics package installed and then underwent a couple of weeks of upgrades before the first game of the 2015 season, including:
- Custom TV mount with 40″ LCD tv
- Full 12V wiring, including lighting and multiple outlets inside and outside – originally run off a 4000 watt generator
- Rubberized flooring
- Misc shelves/mounting points to haul our gear
Since that time, we’ve added a number of upgrades:
- 50″ LCD tv
- Custom tongue mounted battery box, featuring 6V golf cart batteries
- Sound system
- Cooler space for 10+ cases
- 3 pop up canopies & who knows how many chairs
- New graphics package – summer ’18
We’ll continue to upgrade and improve the trailer as needed. Check this page for updates and photos.