With the 2015 schedule finally out, we can begin making some road trip plans. For now, a brief breakdown:
Saturday, September 5 - Alabama A&M - Nippert Stadium reopens, should be an incredible atmosphere and a lopsided victory
Saturday, September 12 - Temple - the Bearcats host the Owls early to kick off AAC conference play.
Saturday, September 19 - @ Miami (OH) - back to Oxford to take over Yager Stadium. Hoping for a day game so that we can smoke the turkeys and get back in time for Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. We will definitely be at this game.
Thursday, September 24 - @ Memphis - coming off a short week, this will likely be the Bearcats first primetime game of the season. An ideal opportunity to avenge the loss in 2014 that cost UC an outright championship. Weeknight timing makes it less than ideal (as with 2013), but Beale Street is definitely worth the trip - unfortunately, we'll be missing this one.
Thursday, October 1 - Miami (FL) - Nippert's (likely) first time to shine in front of a national audience!
Saturday, October 17 - @ BYU - this has been circled as our big road trip for 2015 and we'll be working to finalize plans in the coming months. We will definitely be at this game.
Saturday, October 24 - UConn - guessing that this game will be designated as Homecoming.
Saturday, October 31 - UCF - Halloween and we finally get to welcome UCF to the league, in their 3rd year. Finally, AAC officials got them on our schedule!
Saturday, November 7 - @ Houston - we won't be making this trip, but will do our best to help coordinate, as we did in 2013. This will be the Bearcats first trip to TDECU Stadium, after playing in a swampy soccer field in 2013.
Saturday, November 14 - Tulsa - Senior Day - we'll have a good group to send out, so this should be a big game. With a relatively favorable schedule, the Bearcats could be looking good in the final few weeks to make a run for another AAC championship!
Friday, November 20 - @ USF - late November + Florida = we'll be there! Since it's a Friday game, we'll be making a long weekend of it. Look for details later. We will definitely be at this game.
Saturday, November 28 - @ ECU - last game of the season and it'll, no doubt, be meaningful. While we've heard that Greenville is a fun college town, we'll be passing on this one - hopefully the Bearcats won't need a last second FG to secure the win this year (even though, we'll take a W any way we can get one!).
Saturday, December 5 - TBA - 2015 will be the first year that the AAC hosts a football championship game, with the #1 team hosting the game. Unlike ever before, regular season support will be crucial to help our team make it through the season with as many wins as possible to secure one last home game!
A few takeaways:
- While Temple has potential to be a test, the Bearcats should roll into Memphis with a 3-0 record. There will be no doubt that Tubs will have the team ready for their first big test of the season.
- The Miami (FL) game on 10/1 will probably be the biggest home game since Louisville 2013 - Nippert will be rocking! With Miami switching over the Adidas and the Bearcats moving to Under Armour for 2015, it's a safe bet that the competing companies will want to show off some cool new gear under the lights. Should be an electric crowd and an opportunity for the Bearcats to get a "signature win" on a big stage.
- It'll be nice to have a bye after a big emotional game and before making the trip to BYU.
- Safe bet that 10/31 vs UCF will be a blackout - Halloween, Nippert, Michael Myers
- Sure would be nice to get home game #7 on December 5 - if you're reading this, start making plans to do your part this season by providing an amazing home field advantage to our team and taking the show on the road with us throughout the US!