We're a little bit late this year, but like 2013, we like to get a head start on bowl game planning. While all of this is very early, hotels are non committal and if you know for sure that you'll be following the Bearcats in the post season, it's nice to lock in your hotel before teams are announced and demand goes up.
Below is a list of all potential bowl games that we will be able to attend, assuming an invite were to come, and the hotel that we have reserved with $/night (AAA rate). Feel free to do the same!
*Miami Beach Bowl - December TBA - TBA - vs BYU - Marlins Park, Miami, FL
Will update as soon as date is announced
*Bahamas Bowl - December 24, 2014 - 12pm EST - vs MAC - Thomas A Robinson National Stadium, Nassau
* waiting on this one - definitely a destination/resort trip, fingers crossed that we end up in a better bowl game
*bitcoin St Petersburg Bowl (formerly Beef O Brady's Bowl) - Dec 26, 2014 - 8pm EST - vs CUSA - - Tropicana Field, St Petersburg, FL
Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront - $169/night
*Miliary Bowl - Dec 27, 2014 - 1pm EST - vs ACC - Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, MD
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis - $94/night
** Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl - Dec 31, 2014 - 1pm EST - vs At-Large - Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
Hilton Atlanta - $170/night
** Fiesta Bowl - Dec 31, 2014 - 5pm EST - vs At-Large - U of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
Hampton Inn & Suites - Phoenix Glendale-Westgate - $189/night
** AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic - Jan 1, 2015 - 1pm EST - vs At-Large - AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
*Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl - January 2, 2015 - 11am CST - vs Army/Big 12 - Amon G Carter Stadium, Ft Worth, TX
Hampton Inn Ft Worth - SW I-20 - $107/night
*Birmingham Bowl (formerly BBVA Compass Bowl) - January 3, 2015 - 12pm EST - vs SEC - - Legion Field, Birmingham, AL
Hampton Inn & Suites - Birmingham-Downtown-Tutwiler - $107/night
* denotes AAC bowl tie-in
** denotes At-Large bid
Spring practice schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Feb 27th at 9:00 AM – Practice # 1 – Bubble
Friday, Feb. 28th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #2 – Bubble
Saturday, March 1st at 11:00 AM – PRACTICE #3 – Bubble
Tuesday, March 4th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #4 – Bubble
Thursday, March 6th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #5 – Bubble (NFL Timing Day @)
Saturday, March 8th at 11:00 AM – PRACTICE #6 – Bubble
Tuesday, March 11th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #7 – Bubble
Thursday, March 13th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #8 – Bubble
Tuesday, March 25th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #9 – Bubble
Thursday, March 27th at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #10 – Bubble
Saturday, March 29th at 11:00 AM – PRACTICE #11 – Bubble
Tuesday, April 1st at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #12 – Bubble
Thursday, April 3rd at 9:00 AM – PRACTICE #13 – Bubble
Saturday, April 5th TBD – PRACTICE #14 – Paul Brown Stadium (1200 Club event prior – more details coming soon)
*Dates & times are subject to change.
Speaking of the 1200 Club, for more information on donation levels and how to join, please go directly to the official site:
Better late than never, we suppose...the American Athletic Conference finally released home and away opponents for the 2014 football season (click above for larger image).
While we won't even get into the absurdity of the Bearcats not playing the University of Central Florida for the second year in a row, we now know the following:
- ECU - a fan base known to travel, coming off a 10 win season in 2013 - we look forward to hosting Pirates fans and hope that they seek us out when they're making their tailgating plans
- USF - can't really anticipate much, if any presence, from our old Big East foes
- Memphis - let's be honest, UM fans don't show up for their own home games, so we don't expect to see much blue at PBS
- Houston - a relative unknown - solid first season in the AAC and returning the '13 AAC Rookie of the Year in John O'Korn. Could be a good matchup, hopefully some Texans come up north for some real chili.
- Out of conference - Toledo & Miami of Ohio
- Tulane - Two good reasons to make this road trip a top priority for 2014: the Green Wave is opening a new, on campus, stadium...and BOURBON STREET! As long as this game is not a weeknight game, you can count us in!
- UCONN - Seems like the Huskies still have plenty of rebuilding to do after a 3-9 season, we will probably save our travel budget for other games
- SMU - Dallas has potential to be a fun trip, but definitely not driveable...unlikely road trip in 2014
- Temple - We've got the trip to the City of Brotherly Love circled as a potential road trip for this year
- Out of conference - OSU & Miami (FL) - we will be attending both of these games!
More info will be posted in the future as dates are finalized and plans are made. See you all soon!